Frequently Asked Questions - Door Locks - YD Series
Low voltage electro-mechanical locks deigned to secure pedestrian doors in commercial and residential applications. There are two motor driven options in the range, the YD30 and the YD30M with the remaining locks being solenoid operated.
Remove the need to carry keys, allow or prevent access remotely or log door traffic. Secure glass doors effectively while maintaining a ‘clean’ look.
A lock is typically mounted inside or onto the door frame and a strike mounted in or on the door edge. Closing the door will activate the lock and it will automatically push the lock pin out to engage with the strike and secure the door. Unlocking is achieved by sending the lock a signal from an entry or exit device (RFID, keypad, pushbutton, etc) which can be connected directly to the lock or via an access control system.
Vertical or horizontal installation on single or double acting doors. They need to be kept away from wet environments and for this reason mounting in the floor and locking into a strike in the bottom of the door is not recommended.
The quality, reliability and feature set make the locks stand out from the competitors. ABS plastic components and stainless steel parts and fasteners are used throughout the locks and they are finished to the highest standards. Door and bolt position monitors, integrated access control, mechanical deadbolting and low current consumption are all standard features of a lock in this range.
Yes, all the locks in the door lock range can withstand a force of at least 10000N and use stainless steel pins firing into stainless steel strikes to achieve locking.
All locks operate on 12 - 24VDC and typically use between 1 - 2A in operation and only milliamps in standby mode.
- YD25 - Perfect for narrow doors and door frames.
- YD25K - The convenience of electric locking with the option of manual control.
- YD25L - Swing through doors with minor alignment problems.
- YD30 - For a swing through (180°) door with significant alignment problems and / or a door that has excessive pre-load on it but will still unlock when requested.
- YD30M - For a single acting (90°) door with significant alignment problems and / or a door that has excessive pre-load on it but will still unlock when requested.
- YD38 - When extra security is needed and wider doors and door frames are utilized.
- YD38L - Large swing through doors with minor alignment problems.