Other helpful tips when installing the readers
- Always take note of the correct procedure in removing and installing the reader cover, incorrect handling may damage the reader and void your warranty.
- Never remove the cover using a screwdriver or other instrument as a lever, you can damage the unit and will void your warranty.
- Do not over tighten screws as this may deform the casing resulting in damage to the unit and void your warranty.
- Do not damage the wiring whilst installing the unit, this will void your warranty.
- Check the products wiring diagram for the color coding of the wiring, the reader can be damaged beyond repair if the wiring is connected incorrectly. This will void your warranty.
- Ensure that your wiring methods are in accordance with the electrical wiring regulations in your country / region.
- Power to the unit is to be provided from the Listed Control unit or from a separately supplied UL Listed correct DC voltage power-limited access control power source.
- Handle the unit with care. Do not drop/damage the unit before installation, this will void your warranty.
- If the case is damaged, the reader may not be to the specified IP rating. Replace the reader if the case is damaged.